Friday 6 May 2011

The Top 5 - Most & Least Successful Candidates


Thanks to re-elected Councillor Matt Wilcox for this stat-crunch idea.

Stat Crunch 1 - Most & Least Successful Candidates.

In my first analysis of the results, I've highlighted the 5 most and least successful candidates at the polls. I have done this by calculating margins for each ward's winner and bottom-place candidate.

To work out the winner's margins I deducted the second-place candidate's vote % from their own, to give a % difference. For 2 and 3 member wards, I decided to take each winner's % and deduct the top-placing non-elected candidate's %.

To calculate the least successful performers, I deducted their vote % from the candidate who placed above them's vote % giving a negative number for their margin.

I hope that makes sense anyway! Here are the Top 5 (all Labour) and lead impressively by current Leader of the Council Mohammed Pevrez. Also, 3 of the 5 were re-elected.


And below are the 5 least successful candidates at the polls. 4 are Lib Dems, 1 Conservative.


If you have any requests for stat-crunches for either the Council elections or the referendum, let me know on twitter (@stokeelect2011) or leave a comment below (no need to sign-up, just post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but keep it clean please!