Monday 18 April 2011

Elected Councillors 1996-2010

I have compiled a spreadsheet consisting of all elected Councillors (elected at the May polls - so excluding by-elections). It was a task which I seriously underestimated.

I had to visit the City Archives and rummage around on all sorts of websites to find all the information I needed. Click the link below to open the spreadsheet.

http://bit.ly/fsJmoj










Above is a graph I knocked together also to show the trends in party popularity over the years. I've included the parties who consistently get a fair number of votes otherwise the graph would be very clunky and hard to read.

It's important to bear in mind that these numbers and graph don't represent the entire council because of the one-third electoral system uesd by many unitary authorites like Stoke-on-Trent (see my earlier blog post for further explanation). Instead they only display seats won at the specific election.

I've spent hours putting all the information together so hopefully someone out there will find it interesting!

If you have any questions or comments, it's free and anonymous to comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but keep it clean please!